Basic Detox Bath
What you'll need:
- 2 Cups of Epsom Salts (magnesium sulphate)
- 2 Cups of Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonates)
- 1 Tbs. - 1/3 Cup of Crushed Ginger or Fresh Ginger Tea
- Set aside at least 40 minutes for your bath. The first 20 minutes to remove toxins, the second 20 minutes to absorb the minerals from the water.
- Fill bathtub up with comfortably hot water.
- Add ingredients listed above and swish water around until their mixed in.
- Get in the tub!! You should start sweating within the first few minutes. Like I said, you should aim for 40 minutes, but do AT LEAST 20 minutes.
- Be very careful getting out of the tub. It takes a lot of energy from your body to detox and you may feel dizzy when getting out.
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!! Your body just did a super detox and needs to be replenished with lots of water! If not, you may get sick after, which kinda kills the mood! :)
Tips and Warnings:
- Dry brush skin before bath for better results
- Do not eat immediately before or after bath
- Drink water before, during, and after bath
- Before bed is the best time for a detox bath so your body can relax and restore itself
- You can rinse off after if you want, but it's not necessary
Ok, so now that we have the basics out of the way, we can get to the fun stuff!! There are lots of different baths you can take for different issues; stress, sleep, cellulite, ect. I love trying new mixes and ordering some pre-made organic mixes from Nature's Alchemy. I almost always add some bubble bath and lavendar essential oil. I'm almost out of everything right now, so next time I make a new batch, I'll put the mixes on here! :)